Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Turtle and Truck

I saw a fairly large turtle crossing the street near my apartment this morning.  The man driving by in a small water delivery truck also saw it.  He stopped his truck, slowly rolled it back to where the turtle was nearly across the road, got out, gently picked up the turtle, and put it on the other side of the concrete barrier that lined the road.  Now the turtle wouldn't have to worry about getting over that imposing thing.  He was safely on the grass and, without losing his stride, was merrily on his way down the hill into the woods.  I smiled to the man.  I don't know if he saw me.  He got into his truck and drove away.  I smiled to myself.  To the sky. And, deliriously happy, rambled on down the road in the sunshine to teach my class.  There's something like this almost every day here.  Probably everywhere.  

No comments:

Post a Comment